A Review of Timberland PRO Men's 8" Rigmaster XT Steel-Toe Waterproof Work Boot
Timberland PRO Men's 8" Rigmaster XT Steel-Toe Waterproof Work Bootis built to overcome the extreme conditions encountered on drilling rigs. They provide industrial traction and extreme slip resistance in an often oily environment and combine anti-fatigue with shock-diffusion technologies for enhanced performance. In addition, they are built with premium waterproof leather and abrasion-resistant Ever-Guard leather uppers for durability. The upper section is joined to the sole by Goodyear Welt Cast-Bond construction that offers durable chemical and mechanical bond; another feature that ensures durability.
Nothing restricts their use to oil and gas rigs. The features that stand them out for rig workers have been found to overcome the challenges of many other job sites with ease. For construction workers needing ankle support, this pair pf Work Boots does not disappoint your expectation in this regard and being steel toe, you can bank on them to protect your feet from falling objects.
Safety Features Timberland PRO Men's 8" Rigmaster XT Steel-Toe Waterproof Work Boot
1. Steel Toe caps:the rounded steel toe caps built into these Work Boots meet both US and Canadian safety standards including ASTM F2412-11 and ASTM F2413-11 I/75 and C/75 for impact and compression safety and CAN/CSA-Z195-14 Grade 1.
2. Anti-slip out-soles: The out-soles offer aggressive traction that keep you from slips and falls unusually slippery environments. They are oil-, heat-, and abrasion-resistant
3. Premium waterproof leather and Waterproof membrane to keep you dry while you concentrate on getting the job done. The waterproofing material meets ASTM F1671-07 safety standards.
4. Padded top collar that offers additional comfort and enhance ankle support.
5. Anti-Fatigue conical midsole, featuring polyurethane material
6. Steel shank for structural support and protection against puncture and piercing hazards
7. Electrical Protection : Designed to meet ASTM F2412-11, ASTM F2413-11 and ASTM F2892-11 standards for underfoot protection against live wires and electrical contacts.
TimberLand Rigmaster Steel Toe Work Boot showing the grip features of the out-sole, finger grip and a glimpse of the padded collar of the Work Boots.
Performance on the job
Keeping your feet protected, dry and comfortable are what Work Boots are designed to do.
The Timberland PRO Men's 8" Rigmaster XT Steel-Toein addition to protecting your feet from impact and compression, protects you from electrical hazards. The out-soles of these Boots offer great traction to keep you protected from slips and falls.
That's not all, the boots' anti-fatigue and waterproofing design keep you going all day; keeping you dry and returning significant amount of energy to your feet while supporting your ankle. The abrasion resistant guards on the outer ensures that your work Boots remains durable even if your job involves kneeling and bending on hard surfaces such as concrete.
Value for money? Yes. This pair is designed for durability even in harsh weather and work conditions.
They come in a lace up design but offer a unique finger grip pull-on feature that eases the process of putting this pair on.
The above said, if you intend to use them in extreme cold winters, we recommend getting a size that would allow you combine your boot with a pair of thick socks. This way you get maximum protection from the cold.
While they are waterproof, you may notice some level of leakage if you stay long in water levels that go above the lace openings of your Work Boots.
A small percentage of users have had the heel region of their outsoles come apart in a couple of months. Good thing is the boot comes with a one year warranty that you should explore if you have issues with your boots.
2. Sizing challenges. We recommend checking reviews of the exact size you intend buying to have a better idea of how it feels on people of similar feet size as yours.
Timberland PRO Men's 8" Rigmaster XT Steel-Toemeets your feet safety requirements without compromising your comfort at work. They are designed for durability in the harsh conditions of the oil rig. No wonder this pair of Work Boots enjoys over 70 percent five star review on Amazon with over 80 percent of respondents on Timberland's own website willing to recommend this pair to others in 2020.
If you have had this boot or the 6'' version, let us know your experience in comments and feel free to share this review with your friends and colleagues.